You will be expected to undergo an initial assessment exercise which is described below.
Assessment of Professional Competency
Covering core professional competencies, this will involve 360 degree feedback from six people on the following:
Advisory Skills and Knowledge:
- Personal attributes and skills
- Professional credibility
- Ability to challenge
- Acting as enabler
- Knowledge transfer.
School Improvement Skills and Knowledge:
- Adviser knowledge, experience and expertise
- Ability to critically evaluate leadership, performance data (outcomes) and provision (academic / pastoral)
- Ability to understand causal factors relating to school performance
- Ability to understand a school's improvement capacity.
Governance Skills and Knowledge:
- Improving governor effectiveness on school and staff performance
- Assessing and advising on governance roles and responsibilities
- Assessing and advising on transparency, accountability and financial oversight
- Advising on strategic planning, policy implementation and facilitating change
- Promoting good governance.
Personal Competency Interview
This will involve a panel interview either on-line or attending a regional assessment centre. It will discuss your case studies in greater depth and explore any areas for development arising from the self assessment and 360-degree feedback.