Our vision is to:
Create a cohesive, consistent and quality support system for all schools and colleges
Our formal launch took place on 6th July 2018 to great acclaim. We are established as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, clearly emphasising the professional independence of the organisation. The Governing Board includes Dame Kathy August, Felicity Capey OBE, James Ramsbotham CBE, Mark Sanders OBE, Michele Sutton CBE and Les Walton CBE.
Raise the quality of education advice for schools and colleges
We aim to do this by establishing:
- a national quality standard for education advisers
- a training and development programme which covers all aspects of school support including: advisory skills, performance improvement, governance, change management, organisational development and quality management
- a national network and knowledge exchange for education advisers
- a Marketplace where commissioners can source education advisers and where education advisers can offer their expertise.
Achieving our vision:
- We have now trialled, developed and delivered a national standard for education advisers.
- Our training and development programmes have been praised by the participants. Whilst we have designed the programmes to support the accreditation process, many school leaders have found the programmes valuable in themselves.
- Our first National Summit for Education Advisers took place in York on 6th July 2018. The event was oversubscribed, which demonstrated a clear need for establishing a national network. Our second summit on 12th July 2019 was equally successful, and we are already planning for the third summit on 10th July 2020.
- By September 2019 we had reached 75 accredited Associates with a further 25 nearing completion.
- In Autumn 2019 we formally launched our marketplace with 55 accredited Associates' profiles.