Our vision is to:
Create a cohesive, consistent and quality support system for all schools and colleges
Our formal launch took place on 6th July 2018 to great acclaim. We are established as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, clearly emphasising the professional independence of the organisation. The Governing Board includes Dame Kathy August, Felicity Capey OBE, James Ramsbotham CBE, Michele Sutton CBE and Les Walton CBE.
Raise the quality of education advice for schools and colleges
We aim to do this by establishing:
- a national quality standard for education advisers
- a training and development programme which covers all aspects of school support including: advisory skills, performance improvement, governance, change management, organisational development and quality management
- a national network and knowledge exchange for education advisers
- a Marketplace where commissioners can source education advisers and where education advisers can offer their expertise.
Achieving our vision:
- We have developed and delivered a national standard for education advisers.
- Our training and development programmes have received excellent feedback from the participants. Whilst the programmes are designed to support the accreditation process, many school leaders and advisers have found them highly valuable in themselves.
- In response to Covid 19 we have brought all of our training online and also developed regular KIT (Keeping in Touch) meetings with a wide range of high quality speakers. In response to demand we are launching a range of training modules.
- Our first National Summit for Education Advisers took place in York on 6th July 2018. The event was oversubscribed, which demonstrated a clear need for establishing a national network. Our summits in July 2019 and July 2020 were equally successful, with the latter an online event due to Covid 19 restrictions. We are looking forward to welcoming people back in July 2021 both face to face and online.
- Our membership continues to grow with a network (March 2021) of over 125 accredited Associates, and 8 Senior Associates, with significant numbers of applications underway at both levels.